As many of you know, UC Santa Cruz is home to the Grateful Dead Archive. It represents one of the most significant popular cultural collections of the 20th Century, documenting the Dead’s incredible creative activity and influence in contemporary music history from 1965 to 1995. Head Dead Archivist Nicholas Meriwether recently stopped by KZSC to chat with “Sex, Dope & Cheap Thrills” program host DJ Oliver (I’m sure you can guess which is the archivist and which is the student in the picture). Nicholas had great stories about The Dead, the immense work ahead at the archives and amazing tales of music excavation.
- Regulating Our Local Music Scene with a Legend of the Bay – by DJ Jazzy JefeMay 22, 2015 - 3:19 am
- KZSC Album Reviews: Chloe by Matthew AzrieliMay 21, 2015 - 8:00 am
- KZSC Show Reviews: Mikal CroninMay 20, 2015 - 8:00 am
- May 24: Quintron and Miss PussycatMay 19, 2015 - 4:58 pm
- KZSC Album Reviews: Ceremony – The L-Shaped ManMay 19, 2015 - 8:00 am