As many of you know, UC Santa Cruz is home to the Grateful Dead Archive. It represents one of the most significant popular cultural collections of the 20th Century, documenting the Dead’s incredible creative activity and influence in contemporary music history from 1965 to 1995. Head Dead Archivist Nicholas Meriwether recently stopped by KZSC to chat with “Sex, Dope & Cheap Thrills” program host DJ Oliver (I’m sure you can guess which is the archivist and which is the student in the picture). Nicholas had great stories about The Dead, the immense work ahead at the archives and amazing tales of music excavation.
- Wed Aug 26: “Play What You Feel and Play With Aloha,”August 25, 2015 - 4:10 pm
- Programmer of the Month: David Anton SavageAugust 25, 2015 - 9:02 am
- Loud Rock Charts – Third Week of AugustAugust 24, 2015 - 5:54 pm
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume OneAugust 20, 2015 - 10:06 pm
- New World Charts- second week of AugustAugust 18, 2015 - 6:54 pm