As many of you know, UC Santa Cruz is home to the Grateful Dead Archive. It represents one of the most significant popular cultural collections of the 20th Century, documenting the Dead’s incredible creative activity and influence in contemporary music history from 1965 to 1995. Head Dead Archivist Nicholas Meriwether recently stopped by KZSC to chat with “Sex, Dope & Cheap Thrills” program host DJ Oliver (I’m sure you can guess which is the archivist and which is the student in the picture). Nicholas had great stories about The Dead, the immense work ahead at the archives and amazing tales of music excavation.
- Concert review: Lil B at the Catalyst AtriumDecember 18, 2014 - 12:19 pm
- KZSC’s Muzikal Jewz presents… Hanukah Rocks!December 16, 2014 - 10:13 am
- Five O’clock Rock: by Art O’SullivanDecember 11, 2014 - 3:48 pm
- Review of The Birthday Massacre’s “Superstition”December 7, 2014 - 5:40 pm
- New world charts-Beginning of DecemberDecember 3, 2014 - 12:32 pm