Yeah, I’m doing another top 5 list, so what? It’s easy to write, and quite frankly it’s more interesting to read than me rambling on about how much my mouth hurts from whoever stole my wisdom teeth (I WILL FIND YOU). Also, it should be noted that I didn’t include any bands I’ve already seen (obviously) or artists I’m about to see (Opeth in particular). One more thing: if any of the ten people reading this has a Facebook account (which according to reliable sources 11 out of 10 people do) than you should quite definitely visit and not just like, but LOVE this page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/KZSC-Loud-Rock/257773924242711. Now that I’ve gotten all that shameless advertising done with, here are some bands that I will literally do anything to see. And when I say anything, I MEAN ANYTHING.
5. MESHUGGAH – Meshuggah is probably one of the most mind melting bands out there. I remember the first time I had ever listened to them, I started feeling sick and ended up having a fever for a few days. If a band can induce sickness through speakers, just imagine what they can do in concert. I’d expect nothing less than a mild seizure followed by the most metal coma in which I dreamed of battling the Norse gods with my fellow vikings standing by my side. Oh, and I guess hearing their music live would be pretty cool too.
4. TOOL – I’ve seen some decent drummers live, like Brann Dailor or Neil Peart (playing with a steampunk drum set nonetheless), but seeing the legendary Danny Carey doing his hexagonal ritual thingamajigger would just blow my mind. I’ve made it one of my many life goals to see Tool’s Ticks and Leeches played live, solely because of the awesome drumming in that song. Don’t believe me? Well check this out my fellow metal brethren. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RelR85j09XY
3. PORCUPINE TREE – I want to see Steven Wilson and his gang more because of how stupid I am than how good they are (which they really, really are). A few years ago I had looked up when and where they were touring and found out they had just played at the Warfield in San Francisco the day BEFORE. Needless to say, I was quite heartbroken. I now must rectify my stupidity and see them before some terrible tragedy befalls my brain again. Unfortunately, they’re next album seems to be pretty far away, so I’ll just have to wait it out…or obtain loads of money and buy the rights to the band.
2. DETHKLOK – From what I’ve heard, these guys put on some amazing shows. Not only is their music pretty damn good (and hilarious), but they also play their funny-as-hell T.V. show, Metalocalypse, whilst headbanging. Honestly, I don’t understand how it could get much better than that. Also, I ran across this hilarious and awesome picture (featured to the left) not too long ago which shows where the creators of Metalocalypse got the inspiration for their characters from. It’s mind blowing to say the least.
1. ISIS – Isis is by far one of my favorite bands of all time. They’re not overly metal or try to do really fast beats, they just play their instruments in a really damn good fashion. So the “soothing metal” part of me really wants to just sit back, relax, and listen to these guys jam right in front of me. However, here’s the catch: they broke up some time ago. They made some amazing albums and just randomly called it quits. Which just makes me want to see them even more. I’m not mad, I just want to see them get back together in a System of a Down kind of way. Maybe not release new albums, just start touring again…YOU HEAR ME ISIS?! I NEED YOU IN MY LIFE. BADLY.