What better way to celebrate America’s Independence Day than with British blue-eyed soul singer James Hunter? His solo recordings feature a musical style wedged somewhere between early rock & roll and early soul. His 1994 solo debut “…Believe What I Say” had guest appearances by soul legend Doris Troy and Van Morrison and Hunter appeared on a couple of Morrison’s mid-’90s albums as well as performing as part of Van’s Rhythm & Blues Revue. Hunter, also a skilled guitarist released his third full-length album, People Gonna Talk, in 2006 which was nominated for a 2006 Grammy Award. Find out what James has up his sleeves these days on Wednesday, July 4th at Moe’s Alley in Santa Cruz. Doors open at 7:30; showtime is 8:30 pm.
- Wed Aug 26: “Play What You Feel and Play With Aloha,”August 25, 2015 - 4:10 pm
- Programmer of the Month: David Anton SavageAugust 25, 2015 - 9:02 am
- Loud Rock Charts – Third Week of AugustAugust 24, 2015 - 5:54 pm
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume OneAugust 20, 2015 - 10:06 pm
- New World Charts- second week of AugustAugust 18, 2015 - 6:54 pm