What better way to celebrate America’s Independence Day than with British blue-eyed soul singer James Hunter? His solo recordings feature a musical style wedged somewhere between early rock & roll and early soul. His 1994 solo debut “…Believe What I Say” had guest appearances by soul legend Doris Troy and Van Morrison and Hunter appeared on a couple of Morrison’s mid-’90s albums as well as performing as part of Van’s Rhythm & Blues Revue. Hunter, also a skilled guitarist released his third full-length album, People Gonna Talk, in 2006 which was nominated for a 2006 Grammy Award. Find out what James has up his sleeves these days on Wednesday, July 4th at Moe’s Alley in Santa Cruz. Doors open at 7:30; showtime is 8:30 pm.
You might also like
- Archive available for Angela Davis broadcastJanuary 29, 2015 - 11:02 am
- Chuck Brodsky Live on “Backroads” Sun, Feb 1stJanuary 29, 2015 - 7:46 am
- Jan 28 Special: Prof. Angela DavisJanuary 26, 2015 - 1:05 pm
- Beautiful track from Kauflin’s latest albumJanuary 23, 2015 - 5:34 pm
- Charts & Adds 3rd week of JanuaryJanuary 23, 2015 - 5:20 pm