What better way to celebrate America’s Independence Day than with British blue-eyed soul singer James Hunter? His solo recordings feature a musical style wedged somewhere between early rock & roll and early soul. His 1994 solo debut “…Believe What I Say” had guest appearances by soul legend Doris Troy and Van Morrison and Hunter appeared on a couple of Morrison’s mid-’90s albums as well as performing as part of Van’s Rhythm & Blues Revue. Hunter, also a skilled guitarist released his third full-length album, People Gonna Talk, in 2006 which was nominated for a 2006 Grammy Award. Find out what James has up his sleeves these days on Wednesday, July 4th at Moe’s Alley in Santa Cruz. Doors open at 7:30; showtime is 8:30 pm.
You might also like
- Concert review: Lil B at the Catalyst AtriumDecember 18, 2014 - 12:19 pm
- KZSC’s Muzikal Jewz presents… Hanukah Rocks!December 16, 2014 - 10:13 am
- Five O’clock Rock: by Art O’SullivanDecember 11, 2014 - 3:48 pm
- Review of The Birthday Massacre’s “Superstition”December 7, 2014 - 5:40 pm
- New world charts-Beginning of DecemberDecember 3, 2014 - 12:32 pm