What better way to celebrate America’s Independence Day than with British blue-eyed soul singer James Hunter? His solo recordings feature a musical style wedged somewhere between early rock & roll and early soul. His 1994 solo debut “…Believe What I Say” had guest appearances by soul legend Doris Troy and Van Morrison and Hunter appeared on a couple of Morrison’s mid-’90s albums as well as performing as part of Van’s Rhythm & Blues Revue. Hunter, also a skilled guitarist released his third full-length album, People Gonna Talk, in 2006 which was nominated for a 2006 Grammy Award. Find out what James has up his sleeves these days on Wednesday, July 4th at Moe’s Alley in Santa Cruz. Doors open at 7:30; showtime is 8:30 pm.
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume Two: Top 10 Hip-Hop Songs of 2015 So FarJuly 2, 2015 - 4:20 am
- Jazz Charts – End of JuneJune 30, 2015 - 10:27 pm
- World Charts- End of JuneJune 30, 2015 - 6:13 pm
- Hip Hop Charts June 30, 2015June 29, 2015 - 4:47 pm
- Rock Charts – 3rd Week of JuneJune 23, 2015 - 4:27 pm