What better way to celebrate America’s Independence Day than with British blue-eyed soul singer James Hunter? His solo recordings feature a musical style wedged somewhere between early rock & roll and early soul. His 1994 solo debut “…Believe What I Say” had guest appearances by soul legend Doris Troy and Van Morrison and Hunter appeared on a couple of Morrison’s mid-’90s albums as well as performing as part of Van’s Rhythm & Blues Revue. Hunter, also a skilled guitarist released his third full-length album, People Gonna Talk, in 2006 which was nominated for a 2006 Grammy Award. Find out what James has up his sleeves these days on Wednesday, July 4th at Moe’s Alley in Santa Cruz. Doors open at 7:30; showtime is 8:30 pm.
You might also like
- Rock Charts – Second Week of Sept.September 9, 2014 - 2:50 pm
- RPM Charts – 2nd Week In SeptemberSeptember 9, 2014 - 10:00 am
- Rock Charts – 1st Week of September!September 2, 2014 - 11:13 am
- RPM Charts – Beginning of September!September 2, 2014 - 10:05 am
- Groundation’s Harrison Stafford interviewed by DJ TiffanyAugust 28, 2014 - 6:02 pm