It is very common for contemporary World Music artists to remake popular American songs while still staying true to their culture. With YouTube, it’s been easier than ever to find up-and-coming artists sharing their cultural talents in a more mainstream medium. The Sharon Holzman band is an example; they have covered Weezer’s classic hit “Say It Ain’t So” in their native tongue, Hebrew. In doing so, they have taken a song that has been played a seemingly infinite number of times on commercial radio over the past decade and have given it a refreshing twist. Check it out!
- Jazz Charts – End of JuneJune 30, 2015 - 10:27 pm
- World Charts- End of JuneJune 30, 2015 - 6:13 pm
- Hip Hop Charts June 30, 2015June 29, 2015 - 4:47 pm
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume Two: Top 10 Hip-Hop Songs of 2015 So FarJune 24, 2015 - 2:51 pm
- Rock Charts – 3rd Week of JuneJune 23, 2015 - 4:27 pm