It is very common for contemporary World Music artists to remake popular American songs while still staying true to their culture. With YouTube, it’s been easier than ever to find up-and-coming artists sharing their cultural talents in a more mainstream medium. The Sharon Holzman band is an example; they have covered Weezer’s classic hit “Say It Ain’t So” in their native tongue, Hebrew. In doing so, they have taken a song that has been played a seemingly infinite number of times on commercial radio over the past decade and have given it a refreshing twist. Check it out!
You might also like
- Rock Charts – Second Week of Sept.September 9, 2014 - 2:50 pm
- RPM Charts – 2nd Week In SeptemberSeptember 9, 2014 - 10:00 am
- Rock Charts – 1st Week of September!September 2, 2014 - 11:13 am
- RPM Charts – Beginning of September!September 2, 2014 - 10:05 am
- Groundation’s Harrison Stafford interviewed by DJ TiffanyAugust 28, 2014 - 6:02 pm