Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady were bored. Jefferson Airplane’s success during the late 1960’s wasn’t enough to fill their time so they began opening shows with a new band, Hot Tuna. In September of 1969 a week of concerts performed at the New Orleans House in Berkeley were recorded and released as a live album featuring acoustic guitar, harmonica and electric bass. No drums, wah-wah or frenzied feedback; surprisingly different for rock musicians at the time. Jorma & Jack return to The Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz with acoustic Hot Tuna music Saturday, July 28th. Showtime is 8 pm. Come see how little has changed; tie-dye optional.
- TOKiMONSTA ticket giveawaySeptember 19, 2014 - 2:20 pm
- Rose’s “Most Impossible Secret Dream” wrapping up after 29 yearsSeptember 18, 2014 - 5:13 pm
- RPM Charts – Mid-SeptemberSeptember 18, 2014 - 11:41 am
- Charts and Adds: Second Week of SeptemberSeptember 17, 2014 - 2:25 pm
- Rose’s “Most Impossible Secret Dream” wrapping up after 29 yearsSeptember 10, 2014 - 9:50 am