Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady were bored. Jefferson Airplane’s success during the late 1960′s wasn’t enough to fill their time so they began opening shows with a new band, Hot Tuna. In September of 1969 a week of concerts performed at the New Orleans House in Berkeley were recorded and released as a live album featuring acoustic guitar, harmonica and electric bass. No drums, wah-wah or frenzied feedback; surprisingly different for rock musicians at the time. Jorma & Jack return to The Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz with acoustic Hot Tuna music Saturday, July 28th. Showtime is 8 pm. Come see how little has changed; tie-dye optional.
- Flor de Cana April 22ndApril 20, 2014 - 10:00 am
- Bay Area Black Metal Band Cormorant Streaming New Album “Earth Diver”April 18, 2014 - 10:00 am
- Seabright Stringfest April 19thApril 16, 2014 - 12:55 pm
- Family Photo takes Indie Rock to New Musical Heights on Debut AlbumApril 16, 2014 - 10:00 am
- The Jazz Charts: 3rd Week of AprilApril 15, 2014 - 2:46 pm