Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady were bored. Jefferson Airplane’s success during the late 1960’s wasn’t enough to fill their time so they began opening shows with a new band, Hot Tuna. In September of 1969 a week of concerts performed at the New Orleans House in Berkeley were recorded and released as a live album featuring acoustic guitar, harmonica and electric bass. No drums, wah-wah or frenzied feedback; surprisingly different for rock musicians at the time. Jorma & Jack return to The Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz with acoustic Hot Tuna music Saturday, July 28th. Showtime is 8 pm. Come see how little has changed; tie-dye optional.
- Anderson .Paak – YES LORDFebruary 10, 2016 - 4:27 pm
- Ticket Giveaway of the Week: Wobbleland 2016 Music Festival!February 9, 2016 - 1:48 am
- KZSC’s Closet Free Radio Wins Lifetime Achievement Award!February 8, 2016 - 11:26 am
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor at the Fox Theater: KZSC Show ReviewsFebruary 8, 2016 - 10:00 am
- Quasimoto (Ka•wah•zee•moh•toe)February 5, 2016 - 4:17 pm