Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady were bored. Jefferson Airplane’s success during the late 1960’s wasn’t enough to fill their time so they began opening shows with a new band, Hot Tuna. In September of 1969 a week of concerts performed at the New Orleans House in Berkeley were recorded and released as a live album featuring acoustic guitar, harmonica and electric bass. No drums, wah-wah or frenzied feedback; surprisingly different for rock musicians at the time. Jorma & Jack return to The Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz with acoustic Hot Tuna music Saturday, July 28th. Showtime is 8 pm. Come see how little has changed; tie-dye optional.
- Loud Rock Charts – Third Week of NovemberNovember 24, 2015 - 12:57 am
- KZSC Show Reviews: FrothNovember 19, 2015 - 10:00 am
- Loud Rock Charts – Second Week of OctoberNovember 17, 2015 - 2:46 am
- The Merrie Monarch, David KalakauaNovember 16, 2015 - 3:40 pm
- KZSC Show Reviews: Kendrick Lamar – 1st Annual Kunta Groove SessionsNovember 16, 2015 - 10:00 am