Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady were bored. Jefferson Airplane’s success during the late 1960’s wasn’t enough to fill their time so they began opening shows with a new band, Hot Tuna. In September of 1969 a week of concerts performed at the New Orleans House in Berkeley were recorded and released as a live album featuring acoustic guitar, harmonica and electric bass. No drums, wah-wah or frenzied feedback; surprisingly different for rock musicians at the time. Jorma & Jack return to The Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz with acoustic Hot Tuna music Saturday, July 28th. Showtime is 8 pm. Come see how little has changed; tie-dye optional.
- September 2nd, 1838, Birthday of Lili’uokalaniSeptember 1, 2015 - 7:09 pm
- Loud Rock Charts – Last Week of AugustSeptember 1, 2015 - 12:45 am
- Wed Aug 26: “Play What You Feel and Play With Aloha,”August 25, 2015 - 4:10 pm
- Programmer of the Month: David Anton SavageAugust 25, 2015 - 9:02 am
- Loud Rock Charts – Third Week of AugustAugust 24, 2015 - 5:54 pm