Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady were bored. Jefferson Airplane’s success during the late 1960’s wasn’t enough to fill their time so they began opening shows with a new band, Hot Tuna. In September of 1969 a week of concerts performed at the New Orleans House in Berkeley were recorded and released as a live album featuring acoustic guitar, harmonica and electric bass. No drums, wah-wah or frenzied feedback; surprisingly different for rock musicians at the time. Jorma & Jack return to The Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz with acoustic Hot Tuna music Saturday, July 28th. Showtime is 8 pm. Come see how little has changed; tie-dye optional.
- Seabright Stringfest Apr 24th-26thApril 24, 2015 - 1:08 pm
- MOON BLOCK presents fourth annual Desert Daze Festival!April 21, 2015 - 2:40 pm
- New World Charts-mid AprilApril 21, 2015 - 2:23 pm
- Fri Apr 24: Jordan, Jesse, Go! Live in Santa CruzApril 21, 2015 - 5:18 am
- Programmer of the Month: Jacob Block (Brickfrog)April 21, 2015 - 1:57 am