Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady were bored. Jefferson Airplane’s success during the late 1960’s wasn’t enough to fill their time so they began opening shows with a new band, Hot Tuna. In September of 1969 a week of concerts performed at the New Orleans House in Berkeley were recorded and released as a live album featuring acoustic guitar, harmonica and electric bass. No drums, wah-wah or frenzied feedback; surprisingly different for rock musicians at the time. Jorma & Jack return to The Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz with acoustic Hot Tuna music Saturday, July 28th. Showtime is 8 pm. Come see how little has changed; tie-dye optional.
- Now you can listen to KZSC on your scheduleApril 15, 2015 - 4:41 pm
- Upcoming Interviews: The RelationshipApril 14, 2015 - 5:58 pm
- HGMNY & Oscillate Me presents Flow-Fi Showcase @ f8April 14, 2015 - 3:28 pm
- Jazz Charts and Adds – 2nd Week of AprilApril 13, 2015 - 8:20 pm
- Here comes Record Store Day!April 10, 2015 - 10:36 pm