I’m making my way via automobile up to Oregon for a mini-vacation. Nothing too lavish—I’ll be gone less than a week and still be in a separate hemisphere than the Bahamas. But it’s just enough time to get away from that plague of the everyday here in Surf City, where others come to get away. If you haven’t had time to squeeze in any summer merriment yet this season, I have good news. Vacationer, a Philadelphia-based dream pop band just dropped their new music video. The goods in question? A catchy little ditty called “Trip” is the bands first single. Vacationer partnered with self-proclaimed international community Lomography, passionately dedicated to antique photography. The video was shot on Lomokino 35mm film. All you Instagrammers out there take heed: this gritty and fun (and grainy, saturated and gorgeous) old-school video makes you want to lay out in the sunshine with a retro bathing suit.
- Wed Aug 26: “Play What You Feel and Play With Aloha,”August 25, 2015 - 4:10 pm
- Programmer of the Month: David Anton SavageAugust 25, 2015 - 9:02 am
- Loud Rock Charts – Third Week of AugustAugust 24, 2015 - 5:54 pm
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume OneAugust 20, 2015 - 10:06 pm
- New World Charts- second week of AugustAugust 18, 2015 - 6:54 pm