August 6th is when Jamaica commemorates their independence as a nation. With a total population of less than 3 million, the tiny island country has provided the world with a disproportionate number influential athletes, artists and music. Ska and reggae originated in Jamaica and are the focus of several music shows throughout the week on the Great 88: Skallelujah (Fridays at 8:30 pm), Strictly Rockers (Saturday nights at 6:30), All Fruits Ripe and Joy in the Morning (Tuesdays & Thursdays at 9 am). While we enjoy the achievements of Usain Bolt and other Jamaicans during the Olympics on TV, remembering Jamaica’s creative spark and battle for independence through music can be heard on the radio all summer on KZSC.
- Jazz Charts – End of JuneJune 30, 2015 - 10:27 pm
- World Charts- End of JuneJune 30, 2015 - 6:13 pm
- Hip Hop Charts June 30, 2015June 29, 2015 - 4:47 pm
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume Two: Top 10 Hip-Hop Songs of 2015 So FarJune 24, 2015 - 2:51 pm
- Rock Charts – 3rd Week of JuneJune 23, 2015 - 4:27 pm