August 6th is when Jamaica commemorates their independence as a nation. With a total population of less than 3 million, the tiny island country has provided the world with a disproportionate number influential athletes, artists and music. Ska and reggae originated in Jamaica and are the focus of several music shows throughout the week on the Great 88: Skallelujah (Fridays at 8:30 pm), Strictly Rockers (Saturday nights at 6:30), All Fruits Ripe and Joy in the Morning (Tuesdays & Thursdays at 9 am). While we enjoy the achievements of Usain Bolt and other Jamaicans during the Olympics on TV, remembering Jamaica’s creative spark and battle for independence through music can be heard on the radio all summer on KZSC.
- Mike Neider of Blast! – KZSC InterviewsNovember 25, 2015 - 12:00 pm
- Loud Rock Charts – Third Week of NovemberNovember 24, 2015 - 12:57 am
- KZSC Show Reviews: FrothNovember 19, 2015 - 10:00 am
- Loud Rock Charts – Second Week of OctoberNovember 17, 2015 - 2:46 am
- The Merrie Monarch, David KalakauaNovember 16, 2015 - 3:40 pm