August 6th is when Jamaica commemorates their independence as a nation. With a total population of less than 3 million, the tiny island country has provided the world with a disproportionate number influential athletes, artists and music. Ska and reggae originated in Jamaica and are the focus of several music shows throughout the week on the Great 88: Skallelujah (Fridays at 8:30 pm), Strictly Rockers (Saturday nights at 6:30), All Fruits Ripe and Joy in the Morning (Tuesdays & Thursdays at 9 am). While we enjoy the achievements of Usain Bolt and other Jamaicans during the Olympics on TV, remembering Jamaica’s creative spark and battle for independence through music can be heard on the radio all summer on KZSC.
- Toni Morrison LIVE on KZSC – Oct 25th 4pmOctober 20, 2014 - 5:34 pm
- New Fall 2014 Program scheduleOctober 20, 2014 - 4:54 pm
- Simrit Kaur at the Pacific Cultural CenterOctober 17, 2014 - 9:52 pm
- Meow (Run) The Jewels!October 16, 2014 - 3:27 pm
- The Best Of Bob Marley And The Wailers New CDOctober 14, 2014 - 11:02 am