August 6th is when Jamaica commemorates their independence as a nation. With a total population of less than 3 million, the tiny island country has provided the world with a disproportionate number influential athletes, artists and music. Ska and reggae originated in Jamaica and are the focus of several music shows throughout the week on the Great 88: Skallelujah (Fridays at 8:30 pm), Strictly Rockers (Saturday nights at 6:30), All Fruits Ripe and Joy in the Morning (Tuesdays & Thursdays at 9 am). While we enjoy the achievements of Usain Bolt and other Jamaicans during the Olympics on TV, remembering Jamaica’s creative spark and battle for independence through music can be heard on the radio all summer on KZSC.
- State senator Bill Monning cleans KZSC’s windows and interviews on Talkabout!August 1, 2014 - 2:01 pm
- In case you missed it: What is Community Radio?August 1, 2014 - 7:08 am
- Summer music sale, Sat Aug 30July 31, 2014 - 1:03 pm
- The Memories interviewed by Brandon K (DJ Sandwich)July 30, 2014 - 12:09 pm
- Juan Wauters interview with Brandon K (DJ Sandwich)July 30, 2014 - 11:19 am