What did you do in summer camp? Whittle? Paddle a canoe? Bonnie Raitt learned to play guitar at Camp Regis-Applejack in upstate New York. Unlike our nights burning s’mores on a campfire, her experiences led to a career in music playing some of the best electric slide guitar there is. Her blues interpretations, singing and songwriting have gained Bonnie a place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame plus numerous Grammy awards. As summer and summer camp season come to an end, Bonnie Raitt brings her “Slipstream Tour” to Santa Cruz on Sunday September 16th with special guest gospel legend Mavis Staples. The Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium downtown is the place. Showtime will be 8 pm.
- Concert review: Lil B at the Catalyst AtriumDecember 18, 2014 - 12:19 pm
- KZSC’s Muzikal Jewz presents… Hanukah Rocks!December 16, 2014 - 10:13 am
- Five O’clock Rock: by Art O’SullivanDecember 11, 2014 - 3:48 pm
- Review of The Birthday Massacre’s “Superstition”December 7, 2014 - 5:40 pm
- New world charts-Beginning of DecemberDecember 3, 2014 - 12:32 pm