What did you do in summer camp? Whittle? Paddle a canoe? Bonnie Raitt learned to play guitar at Camp Regis-Applejack in upstate New York. Unlike our nights burning s’mores on a campfire, her experiences led to a career in music playing some of the best electric slide guitar there is. Her blues interpretations, singing and songwriting have gained Bonnie a place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame plus numerous Grammy awards. As summer and summer camp season come to an end, Bonnie Raitt brings her “Slipstream Tour” to Santa Cruz on Sunday September 16th with special guest gospel legend Mavis Staples. The Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium downtown is the place. Showtime will be 8 pm.
- Quasimoto (Ka•wah•zee•moh•toe)February 5, 2016 - 4:17 pm
- KZSC Presents Surfer Blood & CayucasFebruary 4, 2016 - 10:32 pm
- Feb 4: Hawaiian Musical Greats at The Rio TheatreFebruary 2, 2016 - 11:58 am
- Nottz: RawJanuary 27, 2016 - 4:09 pm
- The Donkeys and Jackie Zealous at The Crepe Place 1/28January 26, 2016 - 5:52 pm