Known for her powerful lyrics and sultry voice, Aimee Mann is on tour promoting her new album, Charmer. “I’m fascinated by charming people and the whole idea of charm” Mann says. “It’s hard to remember sometimes that there is usually an agenda behind the act of being charming, and that is what I’m most interested in. Is someone’s charm being utilized just to try and entertain people, make them feel special and interesting, or is there a more sinister purpose behind it? Sometimes I think ‘charm’ can just be another word for manipulation.'” The concept sounds…charming. Find out for yourself as Aimee Mann takes the stage in Santa Cruz Friday, September 28th at the Rio Theatre. Showtime is 8 pm.
You might also like
- Toni Morrison LIVE on KZSC – Oct 25th 4pmOctober 20, 2014 - 5:34 pm
- New Fall 2014 Program scheduleOctober 20, 2014 - 4:54 pm
- Simrit Kaur at the Pacific Cultural CenterOctober 17, 2014 - 9:52 pm
- Meow (Run) The Jewels!October 16, 2014 - 3:27 pm
- The Best Of Bob Marley And The Wailers New CDOctober 14, 2014 - 11:02 am