The genre is called “Psychobilly”, a heady mix of punk, rockabilly and the psych spirit. JJ Jenkins, Rockin Rick, Dan Watson and Scary, collectively known as the Hellbillys, have been on the Bay Area forefront of this scene since the late 1980’s. They’ve toured the world and have several popular CDs out but are best experience sweaty and in-person. Your chance comes Sunday, October 7th at the Catalyst in downtown Santa Cruz. Doors open at 8:30 pm. Hayride to Hell and the Thirsty 3 open. Think of it as the first Halloween party of the season.
- Regulating Our Local Music Scene with a Legend of the Bay – by DJ Jazzy JefeMay 22, 2015 - 3:19 am
- KZSC Album Reviews: Chloe by Matthew AzrieliMay 21, 2015 - 8:00 am
- KZSC Show Reviews: Mikal CroninMay 20, 2015 - 8:00 am
- May 24: Quintron and Miss PussycatMay 19, 2015 - 4:58 pm
- KZSC Album Reviews: Ceremony – The L-Shaped ManMay 19, 2015 - 8:00 am