The genre is called “Psychobilly”, a heady mix of punk, rockabilly and the psych spirit. JJ Jenkins, Rockin Rick, Dan Watson and Scary, collectively known as the Hellbillys, have been on the Bay Area forefront of this scene since the late 1980’s. They’ve toured the world and have several popular CDs out but are best experience sweaty and in-person. Your chance comes Sunday, October 7th at the Catalyst in downtown Santa Cruz. Doors open at 8:30 pm. Hayride to Hell and the Thirsty 3 open. Think of it as the first Halloween party of the season.
You might also like
- Concert review: Lil B at the Catalyst AtriumDecember 18, 2014 - 12:19 pm
- KZSC’s Muzikal Jewz presents… Hanukah Rocks!December 16, 2014 - 10:13 am
- Five O’clock Rock: by Art O’SullivanDecember 11, 2014 - 3:48 pm
- Review of The Birthday Massacre’s “Superstition”December 7, 2014 - 5:40 pm
- New world charts-Beginning of DecemberDecember 3, 2014 - 12:32 pm