Phil Collins and the New Music Works Ensemble return to the Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz to supply live, riotous (and beautiful) music for a double-feature dose of silent horror cinema. A diabolic masterpiece from 1920, “The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari” resonates to Richard Marriott’s widely acclaimed score. For 1928’s “Ghosts Before Breakfast”, Paul Hindemith’s original music for the film (destroyed by Nazis) will be resurrected as “Revenge Before Breakfast”. Be prepared to be spooked by a glockenspiel. There’s also a “Dr. Caligari” period costume contest. The performance begins at 8 pm Friday, October 26th.
- KZSC Show Reviews – Ceremony at the EchoplexMay 26, 2015 - 12:00 pm
- Santa Cruz Percolators Live on Backroads, Sun May 24thMay 24, 2015 - 6:10 am
- KZSC at Shaky Knees!May 23, 2015 - 12:00 pm
- Regulating Our Local Music Scene with a Legend of the Bay – by DJ Jazzy JefeMay 22, 2015 - 3:19 am
- KZSC Album Reviews: Chloe by Matthew AzrieliMay 21, 2015 - 8:00 am