Phil Collins and the New Music Works Ensemble return to the Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz to supply live, riotous (and beautiful) music for a double-feature dose of silent horror cinema. A diabolic masterpiece from 1920, “The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari” resonates to Richard Marriott’s widely acclaimed score. For 1928’s “Ghosts Before Breakfast”, Paul Hindemith’s original music for the film (destroyed by Nazis) will be resurrected as “Revenge Before Breakfast”. Be prepared to be spooked by a glockenspiel. There’s also a “Dr. Caligari” period costume contest. The performance begins at 8 pm Friday, October 26th.
- Mike Neider of Blast! – KZSC InterviewsNovember 25, 2015 - 12:00 pm
- Loud Rock Charts – Third Week of NovemberNovember 24, 2015 - 12:57 am
- KZSC Show Reviews: FrothNovember 19, 2015 - 10:00 am
- Loud Rock Charts – Second Week of OctoberNovember 17, 2015 - 2:46 am
- The Merrie Monarch, David KalakauaNovember 16, 2015 - 3:40 pm