Phil Collins and the New Music Works Ensemble return to the Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz to supply live, riotous (and beautiful) music for a double-feature dose of silent horror cinema. A diabolic masterpiece from 1920, “The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari” resonates to Richard Marriott’s widely acclaimed score. For 1928’s “Ghosts Before Breakfast”, Paul Hindemith’s original music for the film (destroyed by Nazis) will be resurrected as “Revenge Before Breakfast”. Be prepared to be spooked by a glockenspiel. There’s also a “Dr. Caligari” period costume contest. The performance begins at 8 pm Friday, October 26th.
- Archive available for Angela Davis broadcastJanuary 29, 2015 - 11:02 am
- Chuck Brodsky Live on “Backroads” Sun, Feb 1stJanuary 29, 2015 - 7:46 am
- Jan 28 Special: Prof. Angela DavisJanuary 26, 2015 - 1:05 pm
- Beautiful track from Kauflin’s latest albumJanuary 23, 2015 - 5:34 pm
- Charts & Adds 3rd week of JanuaryJanuary 23, 2015 - 5:20 pm