Phil Collins and the New Music Works Ensemble return to the Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz to supply live, riotous (and beautiful) music for a double-feature dose of silent horror cinema. A diabolic masterpiece from 1920, “The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari” resonates to Richard Marriott’s widely acclaimed score. For 1928′s “Ghosts Before Breakfast”, Paul Hindemith’s original music for the film (destroyed by Nazis) will be resurrected as “Revenge Before Breakfast”. Be prepared to be spooked by a glockenspiel. There’s also a “Dr. Caligari” period costume contest. The performance begins at 8 pm Friday, October 26th.
- 57th Monterey Jazz Festival Ticket Giveaways!August 18, 2014 - 2:55 pm
- Jazz Adds & Charts, Second Week of AugustAugust 16, 2014 - 11:33 am
- Reggae on the riverAugust 14, 2014 - 3:54 pm
- Programmer of the Month: Henry Bertheaud (Roux)August 14, 2014 - 6:20 am
- Rock Charts – 2nd Week of August!August 13, 2014 - 1:51 pm