Phil Collins and the New Music Works Ensemble return to the Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz to supply live, riotous (and beautiful) music for a double-feature dose of silent horror cinema. A diabolic masterpiece from 1920, “The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari” resonates to Richard Marriott’s widely acclaimed score. For 1928’s “Ghosts Before Breakfast”, Paul Hindemith’s original music for the film (destroyed by Nazis) will be resurrected as “Revenge Before Breakfast”. Be prepared to be spooked by a glockenspiel. There’s also a “Dr. Caligari” period costume contest. The performance begins at 8 pm Friday, October 26th.
- Now you can listen to KZSC on your scheduleApril 15, 2015 - 4:41 pm
- Upcoming Interviews: The RelationshipApril 14, 2015 - 5:58 pm
- HGMNY & Oscillate Me presents Flow-Fi Showcase @ f8April 14, 2015 - 3:28 pm
- Jazz Charts and Adds – 2nd Week of AprilApril 13, 2015 - 8:20 pm
- Here comes Record Store Day!April 10, 2015 - 10:36 pm