For the second time in my life, I have attended a GWAR show. This most recent time was also @ the Catalyst and on the eve of the election. Naturally, both candidates for president appeared as puppets in the show and both were promptly decapitated, whereupon their neck holes sprayed fake blood into the audience while the band played a savage tune. My favorite was the 13 ft. high “cyber Jesus” puppet. Awesome! Yes, this stuff is not Shakespeare, but it most certainly is theatre. True, you are not required to get covered in fake blood, but you must be there in person. You cannot tweet GWAR, you slave!
- WELCOME TO EPIPHANY ARTISTS 22ND ANNUAL SUMMER SOLSTICE AND PEACE CELEBRATION!May 28, 2015 - 7:55 am
- KZSC Show Reviews – Ceremony at the EchoplexMay 26, 2015 - 12:00 pm
- Santa Cruz Percolators Live on Backroads, Sun May 24thMay 24, 2015 - 6:10 am
- KZSC at Shaky Knees!May 23, 2015 - 12:00 pm
- Regulating Our Local Music Scene with a Legend of the Bay – by DJ Jazzy JefeMay 22, 2015 - 3:19 am