We’ve all been told not to judge a book by its cover, but what about albums? Imagine walking in to your local record store, pumped to flip through bins and let your eyes scan over the endless possibilities for a new find. How many times has an album jumped out at you, not because of the name of the band, but because of the image plastered on its cover? Covers communicate an album’s first impression upon its viewers, hoping that by catching your eye it will tempt your ears into listening to the artist’s work. This year, there has been a flood of great music entering our station at KZSC, and I can’t help but get excited when I see the freshly printed covers. It was hard to pick a few favorites, and I’d love to hear from you about the albums you find to be the prettiest albums of 2012. Comment away, this list is hardly exhaustive!
- Flor de Cana April 22ndApril 20, 2014 - 10:00 am
- Bay Area Black Metal Band Cormorant Streaming New Album “Earth Diver”April 18, 2014 - 10:00 am
- Seabright Stringfest April 19thApril 16, 2014 - 12:55 pm
- Family Photo takes Indie Rock to New Musical Heights on Debut AlbumApril 16, 2014 - 10:00 am
- The Jazz Charts: 3rd Week of AprilApril 15, 2014 - 2:46 pm