We’ve all been told not to judge a book by its cover, but what about albums? Imagine walking in to your local record store, pumped to flip through bins and let your eyes scan over the endless possibilities for a new find. How many times has an album jumped out at you, not because of the name of the band, but because of the image plastered on its cover? Covers communicate an album’s first impression upon its viewers, hoping that by catching your eye it will tempt your ears into listening to the artist’s work. This year, there has been a flood of great music entering our station at KZSC, and I can’t help but get excited when I see the freshly printed covers. It was hard to pick a few favorites, and I’d love to hear from you about the albums you find to be the prettiest albums of 2012. Comment away, this list is hardly exhaustive!
- Archive available for Angela Davis broadcastJanuary 29, 2015 - 11:02 am
- Chuck Brodsky Live on “Backroads” Sun, Feb 1stJanuary 29, 2015 - 7:46 am
- Jan 28 Special: Prof. Angela DavisJanuary 26, 2015 - 1:05 pm
- Beautiful track from Kauflin’s latest albumJanuary 23, 2015 - 5:34 pm
- Charts & Adds 3rd week of JanuaryJanuary 23, 2015 - 5:20 pm