The Celtic Society of the Monterey Bay presents the Irish band Teada on Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 7:30pm at the Kuumbwa Jazz Center in Santa Cruz, CA. Appearing at major music festivals around the world, Teada has now grown to a six-member band with the recent addition of legendary singer and button accordion player Seamus Begley from West Cork. Oisin Mac Diarmada is the founder of Teada, and is an All-Ireland fiddle champion. Other members of the group include Tristan Rosenstock on bodhran (Irish drum), Paul Finn on button accordion, Damien Stenson on flute and whistle, and Sean Mc Elwain on bouzouki and guitar. They’re firmly based in the traditional music of Ireland, but also leave room for creative spontaneity in their energetic performances.
You might also like
- Archive available for Angela Davis broadcastJanuary 29, 2015 - 11:02 am
- Chuck Brodsky Live on “Backroads” Sun, Feb 1stJanuary 29, 2015 - 7:46 am
- Jan 28 Special: Prof. Angela DavisJanuary 26, 2015 - 1:05 pm
- Beautiful track from Kauflin’s latest albumJanuary 23, 2015 - 5:34 pm
- Charts & Adds 3rd week of JanuaryJanuary 23, 2015 - 5:20 pm