The Celtic Society of the Monterey Bay presents the Irish band Teada on Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 7:30pm at the Kuumbwa Jazz Center in Santa Cruz, CA. Appearing at major music festivals around the world, Teada has now grown to a six-member band with the recent addition of legendary singer and button accordion player Seamus Begley from West Cork. Oisin Mac Diarmada is the founder of Teada, and is an All-Ireland fiddle champion. Other members of the group include Tristan Rosenstock on bodhran (Irish drum), Paul Finn on button accordion, Damien Stenson on flute and whistle, and Sean Mc Elwain on bouzouki and guitar. They’re firmly based in the traditional music of Ireland, but also leave room for creative spontaneity in their energetic performances.
You might also like
- RPM Charts – End of OctoberOctober 30, 2014 - 9:30 am
- KZSC’s long-delayed on-air fundraiser starts Nov 4October 29, 2014 - 11:41 am
- Charts and Adds: Third Week of OctoberOctober 28, 2014 - 6:44 pm
- Toni Morrison LIVE on KZSC – Oct 25th 4pmOctober 20, 2014 - 5:34 pm
- New Fall 2014 Program scheduleOctober 20, 2014 - 4:54 pm