The Celtic Society of the Monterey Bay presents the Irish band Teada on Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 7:30pm at the Kuumbwa Jazz Center in Santa Cruz, CA. Appearing at major music festivals around the world, Teada has now grown to a six-member band with the recent addition of legendary singer and button accordion player Seamus Begley from West Cork. Oisin Mac Diarmada is the founder of Teada, and is an All-Ireland fiddle champion. Other members of the group include Tristan Rosenstock on bodhran (Irish drum), Paul Finn on button accordion, Damien Stenson on flute and whistle, and Sean Mc Elwain on bouzouki and guitar. They’re firmly based in the traditional music of Ireland, but also leave room for creative spontaneity in their energetic performances.
- Now you can listen to KZSC on your scheduleApril 15, 2015 - 4:41 pm
- Upcoming Interviews: The RelationshipApril 14, 2015 - 5:58 pm
- HGMNY & Oscillate Me presents Flow-Fi Showcase @ f8April 14, 2015 - 3:28 pm
- Jazz Charts and Adds – 2nd Week of AprilApril 13, 2015 - 8:20 pm
- Here comes Record Store Day!April 10, 2015 - 10:36 pm