Because Elvis is an international institution that can communicate across national and cultural boundaries, it comes as no surprise that El Vez – the self proclaimed “Mexican Elvis” – has come along. El Vez, aka Robert Lopez, has been kicking around the L.A. underground music scene for nearly 20 years. While his records are excellent documents of the El Vez phenomenon, the only way to get the full El Vez experience is to see his live shows, which feature his band The Spiders from Memphis and the lovely El Vettes. Toss in the holiday season and you have a “Merry Mex-mas” celebration as only El Vez can produce. The El Vez Christmas Show comes to the Kuumbwa in Santa Cruz Wednesday, July 19th. Showtime is 7 pm.
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume Two: Top 10 Hip-Hop Songs of 2015 So FarJuly 2, 2015 - 4:20 am
- Jazz Charts – End of JuneJune 30, 2015 - 10:27 pm
- World Charts- End of JuneJune 30, 2015 - 6:13 pm
- Hip Hop Charts June 30, 2015June 29, 2015 - 4:47 pm
- Rock Charts – 3rd Week of JuneJune 23, 2015 - 4:27 pm