Because Elvis is an international institution that can communicate across national and cultural boundaries, it comes as no surprise that El Vez – the self proclaimed “Mexican Elvis” – has come along. El Vez, aka Robert Lopez, has been kicking around the L.A. underground music scene for nearly 20 years. While his records are excellent documents of the El Vez phenomenon, the only way to get the full El Vez experience is to see his live shows, which feature his band The Spiders from Memphis and the lovely El Vettes. Toss in the holiday season and you have a “Merry Mex-mas” celebration as only El Vez can produce. The El Vez Christmas Show comes to the Kuumbwa in Santa Cruz Wednesday, July 19th. Showtime is 7 pm.
You might also like
- Toni Morrison LIVE on KZSC – Oct 25th 4pmOctober 20, 2014 - 5:34 pm
- New Fall 2014 Program scheduleOctober 20, 2014 - 4:54 pm
- Simrit Kaur at the Pacific Cultural CenterOctober 17, 2014 - 9:52 pm
- Meow (Run) The Jewels!October 16, 2014 - 3:27 pm
- The Best Of Bob Marley And The Wailers New CDOctober 14, 2014 - 11:02 am