If there’s a more well-known instrumental from the 1960s than “Green Onions” we haven’t heard it. Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award recipient Booker T. Jones and his band, Booker T. & The M.G.s were a staple of radio with hit instrumentals. They also helped define the Stax record label sound by serving as a backup band for many important soul singers including Otis Redding. When the M.G.s went their separate ways, Jones went on to producing, composing, and collaborating with new groups. Don’t expect only the oldies at this show; his latest album Sound The Alarm (with Gary Clark Jr) features Jones at his most soulful in years. It’s a Hammond B-3 sound fest as the Kuumbwa Jazz Center proudly presents Booker T. for two shows, 7 and 9 pm, Monday, January 20th. Don’t miss an opportunity to see a musical legend in such an intimate venue.
- Wed Aug 26: “Play What You Feel and Play With Aloha,”August 25, 2015 - 4:10 pm
- Programmer of the Month: David Anton SavageAugust 25, 2015 - 9:02 am
- Loud Rock Charts – Third Week of AugustAugust 24, 2015 - 5:54 pm
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume OneAugust 20, 2015 - 10:06 pm
- New World Charts- second week of AugustAugust 18, 2015 - 6:54 pm