Though not for the reasons being bandied about, I did not like this movie. But, since this is a blog for KZSC, let’s keep to issues musically related…… I am a huge fan of QT, and have found his use of music in film amazing! Especially, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction & Jackie Brown. Oh lordy lordy, I do have many a fond memory. But, alas, as far as this latest film from him, the soundtrack, it gets a big “F” for FAIL! To be fair, I can think of couple of times when a tune worked with the film. However, for the rest, instead of enhancing the movie, the music detracted and distracted from it. You get pulled out of a scene, rather than being drawn in. If you are sitting in a theatre, thinking about how crappy and inapropriate the soundtrack is, that can’t be a good sign. For all the talk about how graphic and authentic the depictions of slavery were, how about a couple of hyms or spirituals drawn from the abolitionist movements of the time period? By the way, the “N” word was not overused in the movie, but I do have an “N” word to use for the music offerred in Django Unchained… NO, NO, NO, NO & NO !!!
- New World Charts: End of JulyJuly 29, 2015 - 4:17 pm
- Loud Rock Charts – 4th Week of JulyJuly 28, 2015 - 9:54 pm
- Los Gatos Fiesta de Artes, Sat and Sun August 8th – 9thJuly 28, 2015 - 9:37 am
- Los Gatos Fiesta de Artes, Sat and Sun August 8th – 9thJuly 28, 2015 - 8:30 am
- Mele’uhane Wednesday July 29thJuly 22, 2015 - 10:12 pm