Though not for the reasons being bandied about, I did not like this movie. But, since this is a blog for KZSC, let’s keep to issues musically related…… I am a huge fan of QT, and have found his use of music in film amazing! Especially, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction & Jackie Brown. Oh lordy lordy, I do have many a fond memory. But, alas, as far as this latest film from him, the soundtrack, it gets a big “F” for FAIL! To be fair, I can think of couple of times when a tune worked with the film. However, for the rest, instead of enhancing the movie, the music detracted and distracted from it. You get pulled out of a scene, rather than being drawn in. If you are sitting in a theatre, thinking about how crappy and inapropriate the soundtrack is, that can’t be a good sign. For all the talk about how graphic and authentic the depictions of slavery were, how about a couple of hyms or spirituals drawn from the abolitionist movements of the time period? By the way, the “N” word was not overused in the movie, but I do have an “N” word to use for the music offerred in Django Unchained… NO, NO, NO, NO & NO !!!
- Santa Cruz Percolators Live on Backroads, Sun May 24thMay 24, 2015 - 6:10 am
- KZSC at Shaky Knees!May 23, 2015 - 12:00 pm
- Regulating Our Local Music Scene with a Legend of the Bay – by DJ Jazzy JefeMay 22, 2015 - 3:19 am
- KZSC Album Reviews: Chloe by Matthew AzrieliMay 21, 2015 - 8:00 am
- KZSC Show Reviews: Mikal CroninMay 20, 2015 - 8:00 am