Though not for the reasons being bandied about, I did not like this movie. But, since this is a blog for KZSC, let’s keep to issues musically related…… I am a huge fan of QT, and have found his use of music in film amazing! Especially, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction & Jackie Brown. Oh lordy lordy, I do have many a fond memory. But, alas, as far as this latest film from him, the soundtrack, it gets a big “F” for FAIL! To be fair, I can think of couple of times when a tune worked with the film. However, for the rest, instead of enhancing the movie, the music detracted and distracted from it. You get pulled out of a scene, rather than being drawn in. If you are sitting in a theatre, thinking about how crappy and inapropriate the soundtrack is, that can’t be a good sign. For all the talk about how graphic and authentic the depictions of slavery were, how about a couple of hyms or spirituals drawn from the abolitionist movements of the time period? By the way, the “N” word was not overused in the movie, but I do have an “N” word to use for the music offerred in Django Unchained… NO, NO, NO, NO & NO !!!
- Seabright Stringfest Apr 24th-26thApril 24, 2015 - 1:08 pm
- MOON BLOCK presents fourth annual Desert Daze Festival!April 21, 2015 - 2:40 pm
- New World Charts-mid AprilApril 21, 2015 - 2:23 pm
- Fri Apr 24: Jordan, Jesse, Go! Live in Santa CruzApril 21, 2015 - 5:18 am
- Programmer of the Month: Jacob Block (Brickfrog)April 21, 2015 - 1:57 am