Traditional and contemporary music from Cape Breton Island off the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada will be presented by the talented and humorous Mary Jane Lamond and Wendy MacIsaac on Saturday, March 23, 2013 at a House Concert in the Santa Cruz Mountains at 7:30pm. Mary Jane is one of the few remaining Scots Gaelic singers on the island. and has studied and worked to preserve traditional songs in this endangered language. She recorded with fiddler Ashley MacIsaac on his double-platinum selling album. Wendy is an outstanding composer and fiddler of Cape Breton tunes, and has toured with the cutting edge Celtic band Beolach. While Mary Jane and Wendy have had successful solo music careers, they’ve been pals for a long time and recently released a critically acclaimed duo album that even the Huffington Post recognized as “irresistible” and which was also listed on a best of 2012 National Public Radio list. They’ll be joined in concert by guitarist Seph Peters and accordionist and percussionist Cathy Porter. For reservations and info contact Pippasiersema@yahoo.com or call (408) 353-4366. This house concert is co-sponsored by the Celtic Society of the Monterey Bay.
- Wed Aug 26: “Play What You Feel and Play With Aloha,”August 25, 2015 - 4:10 pm
- Programmer of the Month: David Anton SavageAugust 25, 2015 - 9:02 am
- Loud Rock Charts – Third Week of AugustAugust 24, 2015 - 5:54 pm
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume OneAugust 20, 2015 - 10:06 pm
- New World Charts- second week of AugustAugust 18, 2015 - 6:54 pm