“I play music that is the accidental result of Colonial exploitation.” That’s how Bob Brozman described his sound. Not unlike other ethnomusicologists such as Ry Cooder, Bob dug deep into the cultural understanding (or misunderstandings) of what is often called “world music” today. He exposed many to the sonic capabilities of the National steel guitar and is one of the better-known musicians to come from Santa Cruz. At an afternoon garden party decades ago, he shared with me the secret to ridding your yard of gophers (it involves beer). For his music, his humor and his gardening help, I continue to thank him. Bob Brozman passed away at age 59 on April 24th.
- Seabright Stringfest Apr 24th-26thApril 24, 2015 - 1:08 pm
- MOON BLOCK presents fourth annual Desert Daze Festival!April 21, 2015 - 2:40 pm
- New World Charts-mid AprilApril 21, 2015 - 2:23 pm
- Fri Apr 24: Jordan, Jesse, Go! Live in Santa CruzApril 21, 2015 - 5:18 am
- Programmer of the Month: Jacob Block (Brickfrog)April 21, 2015 - 1:57 am