The year was 2009 and a curious freshman walked into the first staff meeting of the school year held by the legendary KZSC. The vinyl and posters that covered every inch immediately enthralled her. Lois describes her first thoughts after such an experience as being, “I want to hang out here.” And she did. Miss Rosson completed all of her volunteer hours that very quarter, was accepted to the radio class the very next quarter menteeing under Gemini Slim of Indie Babies, and hosted her very first show in the Spring of 2010 under the pleasant and distorted name of Lo-fi(which she proudly uses to this day) bringing doo-wop for the weekend, Saturdaymornings on “Powder Blue Tuxedo.” Lo-fi would go on to host a great number of other shows including “Tin Pan Alley Aftermath” and the show she currently hosts “Celestial Boob Tube.” During her time at the station, Lois also took on leadership roles at KZSC. She was first a member of the Peer Review Committee and has just finished her reign as Program Director of the 2012 to 2013 school year. The saddest news I bring you today is that Lois is leaving KZSC, but on a happier note she is graduating from the University of California, Santa Cruz with a Bachelors degree in Art and History and is also June’s programmer of the month at KZSC. We love you Lois Rosson, are very proud of you and everything you have accomplished, and wish you the very best in all of your endeavors. Catch Lo-fi’s last show on Wednesday June 12th from 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. “Celestial Boob Tube” on KZSC, Santa Cruz.
- A Drag Show, The First Openly Gay Country Star & More: The Diversity Center’s 26th Anniversary Gala!October 10, 2015 - 2:18 am
- Loud Rock Charts – First Week of OctoberOctober 4, 2015 - 6:01 pm
- Bon Voyage, Dylan MusicSeptember 30, 2015 - 1:41 pm
- Loud Rock Charts — Last Week of SeptemberSeptember 28, 2015 - 10:20 pm
- Sept 30: Debashish Bhattacharya live on KZSCSeptember 28, 2015 - 10:06 am