In my interview with Bulgarian-raised guitarist Hristo Vitchev, he largely spoke of the ‘Impressionistic” ideas behind his unique style of music. A composer of 6 albums since 2009, his sound is expressed much like a painter expresses what he sees in a painting; a symbiotic playing with his quartet that sonically paints a picture in the listener’s mind, giving the term “Impressionist” to the musical style of the group. The depth of communication with pianist Weber Iago and Hristo paints colorful strokes in the structure of rhythm and harmony throughout the musical landscape.
- Now you can listen to KZSC on your scheduleApril 15, 2015 - 4:41 pm
- Upcoming Interviews: The RelationshipApril 14, 2015 - 5:58 pm
- HGMNY & Oscillate Me presents Flow-Fi Showcase @ f8April 14, 2015 - 3:28 pm
- Jazz Charts and Adds – 2nd Week of AprilApril 13, 2015 - 8:20 pm
- Here comes Record Store Day!April 10, 2015 - 10:36 pm