In my interview with Bulgarian-raised guitarist Hristo Vitchev, he largely spoke of the ‘Impressionistic” ideas behind his unique style of music. A composer of 6 albums since 2009, his sound is expressed much like a painter expresses what he sees in a painting; a symbiotic playing with his quartet that sonically paints a picture in the listener’s mind, giving the term “Impressionist” to the musical style of the group. The depth of communication with pianist Weber Iago and Hristo paints colorful strokes in the structure of rhythm and harmony throughout the musical landscape.
- KZSC Show Reviews – Ceremony at the EchoplexMay 26, 2015 - 12:00 pm
- Santa Cruz Percolators Live on Backroads, Sun May 24thMay 24, 2015 - 6:10 am
- KZSC at Shaky Knees!May 23, 2015 - 12:00 pm
- Regulating Our Local Music Scene with a Legend of the Bay – by DJ Jazzy JefeMay 22, 2015 - 3:19 am
- KZSC Album Reviews: Chloe by Matthew AzrieliMay 21, 2015 - 8:00 am