From New York, Donna the Buffalo brings their energetic spin on alt-country to Moe’s Alley in Santa Cruz, CA on Sunday, Aug 4, 2013 at 8:30pm. Their first studio-produced CD in five years was released less than two months ago, and has already risen to number 8 on the national Americana Radio Chart. The band has been together for 25 years and has released 11 albums to critical acclaim, presenting a unique mix of music that includes elements from country, rock, folk, cajun/zydeco, and reggae that’s tastefully done. More than just a thumping jam band, their work is driven by the strong and thoughtful songwriting of Tara Nevins and Jeb Puryear, who both have strong roots in traditional old-time string band music.
You might also like
- Wed Aug 26: “Play What You Feel and Play With Aloha,”August 25, 2015 - 4:10 pm
- Programmer of the Month: David Anton SavageAugust 25, 2015 - 9:02 am
- Loud Rock Charts – Third Week of AugustAugust 24, 2015 - 5:54 pm
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume OneAugust 20, 2015 - 10:06 pm
- New World Charts- second week of AugustAugust 18, 2015 - 6:54 pm