The Creole Belles from the SF Bay Area will be playing traditional Cajun and Creole music for a matinee dance at Don Quixote’s in Felton, CA starting at 2pm on Sunday, November 10, 2013. A five-piece version of the band will rock out, including Delilah Lee Lewis on fiddle and vocals, Maureen Karpan on accordion and vocals, Karen Leigh on guitar and vocals, Elaine Herrick on standup bass, and special guest Andrew Carriere on vocals, triangle, rubboard, and accordion. All band members have spent considerable time in Louisiana learning the music first-hand from Dewey Balfa, Canray Fontenot, Danny Poullard, Bebe Carriere, Dennis McGee, Bois Sec Ardoin and other revered sources. They haven’t played in the Santa Cruz area in around four years, so they’re looking forward to seeing you on the dance floor soon. Tune in to hear some Cajun and Creole music along with other folk and acoustic country artists during the Backroads show on KZSC this coming Sunday afternoon between noon and 2pm.
You might also like
- Concert review: Lil B at the Catalyst AtriumDecember 18, 2014 - 12:19 pm
- KZSC’s Muzikal Jewz presents… Hanukah Rocks!December 16, 2014 - 10:13 am
- Five O’clock Rock: by Art O’SullivanDecember 11, 2014 - 3:48 pm
- Review of The Birthday Massacre’s “Superstition”December 7, 2014 - 5:40 pm
- New world charts-Beginning of DecemberDecember 3, 2014 - 12:32 pm