The last stop of the 2nd Annual California Banjo Extravaganza tour will be at Don Quixote’s in Felton, CA for a 2pm matinee show on Sunday, November 17, 2013, led by Tony Trischka, Sammy Shelor, and Bill Evans, who are well known in the world of bluegrass. Tony Trischka’s banjo playing has pushed the envelope beyond bluegrass into “new acoustic music” territory with elements of jazz and blues, and he’s released more than 30 albums, has developed music for films and documentaries, published books, and been nominated for a Grammy. Sammy Shelor currently leads the Lonesome River Band, has won the Steve Martin Prize for Excellence in Banjo and Bluegrass, and previously performed with the Virginia Squires and Sonny Osborne. Bill Evans is currently living in the Bay Area, playing with a number of different bands, and is the author of the best-selling “Banjo for Dummies” instructional book. They’ll be backed by a band of bluegrass all-stars, including John Reischman on mandolin, Jim Nunally on guitar, Chad Manning on fiddle, and Sharon Gilchrist on bass.
You might also like
- New World Charts: End of JulyJuly 29, 2015 - 4:17 pm
- Loud Rock Charts – 4th Week of JulyJuly 28, 2015 - 9:54 pm
- Los Gatos Fiesta de Artes, Sat and Sun August 8th – 9thJuly 28, 2015 - 9:37 am
- Los Gatos Fiesta de Artes, Sat and Sun August 8th – 9thJuly 28, 2015 - 8:30 am
- Mele’uhane Wednesday July 29thJuly 22, 2015 - 10:12 pm