On August 27, 1972, The Grateful Dead played a legendary set on Ken Kesey’s farm in Veneta, Oregon. This show has long been traded among Dead Heads but has never been available as an official release. Until now. The Dead have opened up their vault to restore, mix and master this classic show, which includes fiery performances of China Cat Sunflower, Greatest Story Ever Told, Jack Straw and many others including a particularly trippy Dark Star performed just as the sun set. If that weren’t enough, the release also includes the never-before-released “Sunshine Daydream” film. This movie captures the Dead performing many of the songs from the set as well as the Pranksters up to their typical antics. Film of the Dead in this era is rare, and this release offers a unique opportunity to not only hear Jerry, but to watch him shred. So go fire up your DVD player and start twirling in your living room like its 1972, and if you can’t get enough of the Dead (which we know you can’t) tune into KZSC Wednesdays to make sure you never fall off the bus.
- Toni Morrison LIVE on KZSC – Oct 25th 4pmOctober 20, 2014 - 5:34 pm
- New Fall 2014 Program scheduleOctober 20, 2014 - 4:54 pm
- Simrit Kaur at the Pacific Cultural CenterOctober 17, 2014 - 9:52 pm
- Meow (Run) The Jewels!October 16, 2014 - 3:27 pm
- The Best Of Bob Marley And The Wailers New CDOctober 14, 2014 - 11:02 am