On August 27, 1972, The Grateful Dead played a legendary set on Ken Kesey’s farm in Veneta, Oregon. This show has long been traded among Dead Heads but has never been available as an official release. Until now. The Dead have opened up their vault to restore, mix and master this classic show, which includes fiery performances of China Cat Sunflower, Greatest Story Ever Told, Jack Straw and many others including a particularly trippy Dark Star performed just as the sun set. If that weren’t enough, the release also includes the never-before-released “Sunshine Daydream” film. This movie captures the Dead performing many of the songs from the set as well as the Pranksters up to their typical antics. Film of the Dead in this era is rare, and this release offers a unique opportunity to not only hear Jerry, but to watch him shred. So go fire up your DVD player and start twirling in your living room like its 1972, and if you can’t get enough of the Dead (which we know you can’t) tune into KZSC Wednesdays to make sure you never fall off the bus.
- Loud Rock Charts – 4th Week of JulyJuly 28, 2015 - 9:54 pm
- Los Gatos Fiesta de Artes, Sat and Sun August 8th – 9thJuly 28, 2015 - 9:37 am
- Los Gatos Fiesta de Artes, Sat and Sun August 8th – 9thJuly 28, 2015 - 8:30 am
- Mele’uhane Wednesday July 29thJuly 22, 2015 - 10:12 pm
- Jazz Charts – 2nd Week of JulyJuly 14, 2015 - 11:43 pm