Grammy award winning singer-songwriter Peter Rowan will be performing at Don Quixote’s in Felton, CA on Friday evening, December 6, 2013 at 8pm. Peter has had a long history as a bluegrass performer, starting out professionally as a singer, rhythm guitarist, and songwriter in Bill Monroe’s band. In the late 60’s and early 70’s, Peter’s musical sphere expanded to include participation in other rock, folk and bluegrass projects, including stints with the Earth Opera, Sea Train, Muleskinner and a band with his siblings as The Rowan Brothers. One of his better known songs “Panama Red” gained notoriety while playing in the Old & In the Way band, which included David Grisman, Jerry Garcia, Vassar Clements and others. He has more recently embarked on a successful solo career, but also still performs in several other bands, including the Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band, Peter Rowan’s Big Twang Theory, and The Free Mexican Airforce.
You might also like
- Loud Rock Charts – First Week of OctoberOctober 4, 2015 - 6:01 pm
- Bon Voyage, Dylan MusicSeptember 30, 2015 - 1:41 pm
- Loud Rock Charts — Last Week of SeptemberSeptember 28, 2015 - 10:20 pm
- Sept 30: Debashish Bhattacharya live on KZSCSeptember 28, 2015 - 10:06 am
- New World Charts- start of SeptemberSeptember 22, 2015 - 8:08 pm