Pharaoh Sanders got his start playing with Sun Ra and rose to fame in John Coltrane’s group. With that company, it’s only natural that he would rise to cultural significance. Possessing one of the most distinctive tenor saxophone tones in jazz, Sanders’ intense phrasing has become a touchstone of free-jazz. His classic 1960’s and 70’s albums have cultivated legions of followers worldwide. Making a rare stop in Santa Cruz with his current quartet, Pharaoh Sanders visits the intimate Kuumbwa Jazz Center for two shows Monday, January 6th. Showtimes are 7 & 9 pm.
- Anderson .Paak – YES LORDFebruary 10, 2016 - 4:27 pm
- Ticket Giveaway of the Week: Wobbleland 2016 Music Festival!February 9, 2016 - 1:48 am
- KZSC’s Closet Free Radio Wins Lifetime Achievement Award!February 8, 2016 - 11:26 am
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor at the Fox Theater: KZSC Show ReviewsFebruary 8, 2016 - 10:00 am
- Quasimoto (Ka•wah•zee•moh•toe)February 5, 2016 - 4:17 pm