Pharaoh Sanders got his start playing with Sun Ra and rose to fame in John Coltrane’s group. With that company, it’s only natural that he would rise to cultural significance. Possessing one of the most distinctive tenor saxophone tones in jazz, Sanders’ intense phrasing has become a touchstone of free-jazz. His classic 1960’s and 70’s albums have cultivated legions of followers worldwide. Making a rare stop in Santa Cruz with his current quartet, Pharaoh Sanders visits the intimate Kuumbwa Jazz Center for two shows Monday, January 6th. Showtimes are 7 & 9 pm.
- 57th Monterey Jazz Festival Ticket Giveaways!August 18, 2014 - 2:55 pm
- Jazz Adds & Charts, Second Week of AugustAugust 16, 2014 - 11:33 am
- Reggae on the riverAugust 14, 2014 - 3:54 pm
- Programmer of the Month: Henry Bertheaud (Roux)August 14, 2014 - 6:20 am
- Rock Charts – 2nd Week of August!August 13, 2014 - 1:51 pm