Master of the gaita (Spanish bagpipe), flute, and recorder, Galician multi-instrumentalist Carlos Núñez will be appearing with his band on Thursday, February 20, 2014, 7:30pm at Don Quixote’s in Felton, CA. Carlos blends the music of his native Galicia (the Celtic Northwest region of Spain) with the traditional music of Ireland, Scotland, Brittany, and other areas of the world including Cuba, Brazil and Argentina. His most recent double-album features numerous guest artists including Jackson Browne, Los Lobos, Sinéad O’Connor, Laurie Anderson, the Chieftains, the Buena Vista Social Club and many more, as examples of the diversity in his interests. Presented by the Celtic Society of the Monterey Bay.
You might also like
- Concert review: Lil B at the Catalyst AtriumDecember 18, 2014 - 12:19 pm
- KZSC’s Muzikal Jewz presents… Hanukah Rocks!December 16, 2014 - 10:13 am
- Five O’clock Rock: by Art O’SullivanDecember 11, 2014 - 3:48 pm
- Review of The Birthday Massacre’s “Superstition”December 7, 2014 - 5:40 pm
- New world charts-Beginning of DecemberDecember 3, 2014 - 12:32 pm