Sylvia Herold and the Rhythm Bugs bring hot swing tunes and retro pop songs from the 1930s-1960s to Don Quixote’s in Felton on Tuesday, April 1st at 7:30pm. Sylvia, popular singer and guitar player from the SF Bay Area (also a member of Wake the Dead, Cats and Jammers, and Euphonia), and her bandmates sing lush three-part harmonies backed by virtuoso instrumental arrangements from high-society jazz to lowdown Basin Street ballads. Their latest “The Spider and the Fly” CD has a hot spot for the past six weeks on the CMJ Jazz charts. Jennifer Scott (Jennifer Scott Trio, piano) and Ed Johnson (guitar) are top notch jazz singers, arrangers and composers who along with Cary Black (Laurie Lewis & The Right Hands, Dan Hicks, bass) join Sylvia for this evening of swinging songs from a bygone era of lighthearted and fun American jazz and pop songs.
You might also like
- FYF 2015 Ticket Giveaway!July 7, 2015 - 3:34 pm
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume Two: Top 10 Hip-Hop Songs of 2015 So FarJuly 2, 2015 - 4:20 am
- Jazz Charts – End of JuneJune 30, 2015 - 10:27 pm
- World Charts- End of JuneJune 30, 2015 - 6:13 pm
- Hip Hop Charts June 30, 2015June 29, 2015 - 4:47 pm