John Ridley won an Oscar for his screenplay adaptation of “12 Years A Slave”, but he has a hard time containing his excitement over his next film, “All Is By My Side” Both “12 Years a Slave”and his Jimi Hendrix biopic made their debut at the Toronto International Film Festival last year, but it’s the former that he wrote, directed and executive produced. A complicated man and a difficult movie to make when the Hendrix estate would not allow any of his music to be used. Will people believe Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi? “All Is By My Side” is due for release in May.
- Regulating Our Local Music Scene with a Legend of the Bay – by DJ Jazzy JefeMay 22, 2015 - 3:19 am
- KZSC Album Reviews: Chloe by Matthew AzrieliMay 21, 2015 - 8:00 am
- KZSC Show Reviews: Mikal CroninMay 20, 2015 - 8:00 am
- May 24: Quintron and Miss PussycatMay 19, 2015 - 4:58 pm
- KZSC Album Reviews: Ceremony – The L-Shaped ManMay 19, 2015 - 8:00 am