At a Bill Monroe bluegrass show in 1964, David Grisman met Jerry Garcia. Fast forward almost ten years and they hook up again as “Old & In The Way”, a bluegrass super group worshiped by Dead heads. David and Jerry continued to collaborate over the years,however “Dawg’s” (Grisman’s nickname, given to him by Garcia) interests ranged widely to include jazz, kleezmer and just about anything else played on the mandolin. His record label Acoustic Disc just released a new album. David Grisman’s Sextet plays it live in Santa Cruz Monday, May 5th at the Kuumbwa Jazz Center in downtown Santa Cruz. Showtimes are 7 and 9 pm.
- Rose’s “Most Impossible Secret Dream” wrapping up after 29 yearsSeptember 18, 2014 - 5:13 pm
- RPM Charts – Mid-SeptemberSeptember 18, 2014 - 11:41 am
- Charts and Adds: Second Week of SeptemberSeptember 17, 2014 - 2:25 pm
- Rose’s “Most Impossible Secret Dream” wrapping up after 29 yearsSeptember 10, 2014 - 9:50 am
- Rock Charts – Second Week of Sept.September 9, 2014 - 2:50 pm