Two local Santa Cruz bluegrass bands, Bean Creek and The Abbott Brothers headline the official after-party of the Redwood Mountain Faire on Sunday, June 1, 2014 at 7pm at Don Quixote’s in Felton, CA. This year, Bean Creek was named “Best Bluegrass Band” by the Northern California Bluegrass Society, and individual members of the band also received awards, Billy Pitrone for “Best Male Vocalist,” Rob Horgan for “Best Banjo Player,” and Pete Hicks for “Best Mandolin Player.” The always engaging young Abbott Brothers will present energetic versions of classic honky-tonk and country songs, and old-time brother duets as well as straight ahead bluegrass and sizzling instrumentals.
You might also like
- KZSC Show Reviews – Ceremony at the EchoplexMay 26, 2015 - 12:00 pm
- Santa Cruz Percolators Live on Backroads, Sun May 24thMay 24, 2015 - 6:10 am
- KZSC at Shaky Knees!May 23, 2015 - 12:00 pm
- Regulating Our Local Music Scene with a Legend of the Bay – by DJ Jazzy JefeMay 22, 2015 - 3:19 am
- KZSC Album Reviews: Chloe by Matthew AzrieliMay 21, 2015 - 8:00 am