Two local Santa Cruz bluegrass bands, Bean Creek and The Abbott Brothers headline the official after-party of the Redwood Mountain Faire on Sunday, June 1, 2014 at 7pm at Don Quixote’s in Felton, CA. This year, Bean Creek was named “Best Bluegrass Band” by the Northern California Bluegrass Society, and individual members of the band also received awards, Billy Pitrone for “Best Male Vocalist,” Rob Horgan for “Best Banjo Player,” and Pete Hicks for “Best Mandolin Player.” The always engaging young Abbott Brothers will present energetic versions of classic honky-tonk and country songs, and old-time brother duets as well as straight ahead bluegrass and sizzling instrumentals.
You might also like
- KZSC’s long-delayed on-air fundraiser starts Nov 4October 29, 2014 - 11:41 am
- Charts and Adds: Third Week of OctoberOctober 28, 2014 - 6:44 pm
- Toni Morrison LIVE on KZSC – Oct 25th 4pmOctober 20, 2014 - 5:34 pm
- New Fall 2014 Program scheduleOctober 20, 2014 - 4:54 pm
- Simrit Kaur at the Pacific Cultural CenterOctober 17, 2014 - 9:52 pm