We say farewell this month to KZSC’s longest-serving (suffering?) Broadcast Advisor and host of our Thursday morning Beatles show, Michael Bryant. Michael started at The Great 88 in 2001 and helped move us into the Millennium with technical changes such as bumping the signal up to 20,000 watts, station remodels, a new air studio, webstreaming, social media and mobile apps. In 2007, he was appointed as a Lecturer in the Division of Social Sciences. This began an era of offering an academic course to educate UCSC students in broadcast media. During his tenure, KZSC was also named, “The Most Listened-To College Radio Station” by the website radio-locator.com. Back to The Beatles: when Dan Morookian (aka DJ Apple) moved away, Michael became the regular host of Dan’s show, “Here, There and Everywhere” in 2010. Like the name of the show, that’s what his retirement will be. Travel well and often Michael.
- Wed Aug 26: “Play What You Feel and Play With Aloha,”August 25, 2015 - 4:10 pm
- Programmer of the Month: David Anton SavageAugust 25, 2015 - 9:02 am
- Loud Rock Charts – Third Week of AugustAugust 24, 2015 - 5:54 pm
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume OneAugust 20, 2015 - 10:06 pm
- New World Charts- second week of AugustAugust 18, 2015 - 6:54 pm