We say farewell this month to KZSC’s longest-serving (suffering?) Broadcast Advisor and host of our Thursday morning Beatles show, Michael Bryant. Michael started at The Great 88 in 2001 and helped move us into the Millennium with technical changes such as bumping the signal up to 20,000 watts, station remodels, a new air studio, webstreaming, social media and mobile apps. In 2007, he was appointed as a Lecturer in the Division of Social Sciences. This began an era of offering an academic course to educate UCSC students in broadcast media. During his tenure, KZSC was also named, “The Most Listened-To College Radio Station” by the website radio-locator.com. Back to The Beatles: when Dan Morookian (aka DJ Apple) moved away, Michael became the regular host of Dan’s show, “Here, There and Everywhere” in 2010. Like the name of the show, that’s what his retirement will be. Travel well and often Michael.
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume Two: Top 10 Hip-Hop Songs of 2015 So FarJuly 2, 2015 - 4:20 am
- Jazz Charts – End of JuneJune 30, 2015 - 10:27 pm
- World Charts- End of JuneJune 30, 2015 - 6:13 pm
- Hip Hop Charts June 30, 2015June 29, 2015 - 4:47 pm
- Rock Charts – 3rd Week of JuneJune 23, 2015 - 4:27 pm