The multiple Grammy Award winning Cajun band BeauSoleil avec Michael Doucet will be playing for a dance at Don Quixote’s International Music Hall in Felton, CA at 7pm on Sunday, June 29, 2014. Native Acadian fiddler Michael Doucet has spearheaded this band for the past 37 years, with styles ranging from straight forward traditional tunes and songs from the heart of Louisiana to dance music blending elements of Cajun and Zydeco with some New Orleans jazz, country, and blues. Their recently released CD “From Bamako to Carencro” traces a connection between the West African music of Mali and the suburbs of Lafayette, Louisiana with creatively joyful dance music. Get your dancing shoes ready for an evening of pulsating fun.
You might also like
- Programmer of the Month: Jacob Block (Brickfrog)April 21, 2015 - 1:57 am
- Now you can listen to KZSC on your scheduleApril 15, 2015 - 4:41 pm
- Upcoming Interviews: The RelationshipApril 14, 2015 - 5:58 pm
- HGMNY & Oscillate Me presents Flow-Fi Showcase @ f8April 14, 2015 - 3:28 pm
- Jazz Charts and Adds – 2nd Week of AprilApril 13, 2015 - 8:20 pm