The 4th Annual Seabright Stringfest (Santa Cruz, CA) kicks off with a square dance Friday evening, April 24th, called by Erik Hoffman with music by the Earl White Stringband and The Percolators at the Market St. Theatre. Free concerts that feature 12 bands playing Appalachian string band, bluegrass, blues, Celtic and other traditional string music from around the world continues on Saturday, Apr 25th from 11am-10:30pm at the Seabright Brewery patio, with concurrent directed indoor jamming in the adjacent Java Junction Coffee House from 9:30am-6pm. The fourth Sunday of the month bluegrass and old-time jam session at Ocean View Park follows on April 26th starting at 1pm and continuing until people are worn out. Schedule and details are at fiddlersjam.com. Tune in to KZSC for “Backroads” on Sundays 12-2pm and “Ramblin’ Round” on Wednesdays 2-4pm to hear more acoustic string music.
You might also like
- Regulating Our Local Music Scene with a Legend of the Bay – by DJ Jazzy JefeMay 22, 2015 - 3:19 am
- KZSC Album Reviews: Chloe by Matthew AzrieliMay 21, 2015 - 8:00 am
- KZSC Show Reviews: Mikal CroninMay 20, 2015 - 8:00 am
- May 24: Quintron and Miss PussycatMay 19, 2015 - 4:58 pm
- KZSC Album Reviews: Ceremony – The L-Shaped ManMay 19, 2015 - 8:00 am