Listeners to The Great 88 have called recently to mention some signal reception problems. It’s not an issue with your new stereo or car radio-we’ve been having difficulty getting a continuous source of electrical power on the UCSC campus. Looks like this glitch will be licked sometime within the next week or so, but it’s nice to know you are paying attention. Stay tuned-KZSC will be broadcasting “electrical interruption free” soon. Thanks for staying in touch.
As many die-hard fans of The Great 88 know, we’ve been part of a campus electrical upgrade project for the last several days. Looks like we will be returning to our usual unusual summer program schedule at 4 pm California time today. Thanks for your patience; stay tuned for the fireworks!
It doesn’t seem that long ago that The Great 88 went from being a perky little 10-watt station that you could barely hear even on campus to the 20,000-watt flamethrower we know and love today. Every now and again we need to upgrade our electronics, power supply and whatever else needs attention (yes, we’ve had to shoo lizards out of some gear) at our antenna site at UCSC; this just happens to be the week.
Beginning June 19th KZSC will be OFF THE AIR for maintenance. WE WILL RETURN THURSDAY (June 21st) AT 4 PM to the lowest spot on the FM dial with a new program schedule. In the meantime you can still listen to our WEB STREAM music mix. Thanks in advance for your understanding; we’ll make it up to you for the rest of the summer.
- A Drag Show, The First Openly Gay Country Star & More: The Diversity Center’s 26th Anniversary Gala!October 10, 2015 - 2:18 am
- Loud Rock Charts – First Week of OctoberOctober 4, 2015 - 6:01 pm
- Bon Voyage, Dylan MusicSeptember 30, 2015 - 1:41 pm
- Loud Rock Charts — Last Week of SeptemberSeptember 28, 2015 - 10:20 pm
- Sept 30: Debashish Bhattacharya live on KZSCSeptember 28, 2015 - 10:06 am