Ballake Sissoko & Vincent Segal will be performing at the First Congregational Church of Santa Cruz at 8 pm on Saturday, March 16th. Sissoko is a Malian Kora player; Segal is a French cellist. The fusion of the two resulted in a collaboration of soothing chamber music featured on their newest album, “At Peace”. NPR refers to “At Peace” as “the most beautiful world music record of the decade”. Find out for yourself March 16th.
This and next month are full of African and African-influenced music events in Santa Cruz. Tuesday the 19th, world fusion band Toubab Krewe will perform at Moe’s Alley. Toubab Krewe specializes in upbeat instrumentals that draw from African blues, rock, folk, and so much more. Some of the instruments used are the Kora, electric guitar, Djembe, and fiddle. This 21+ event will also feature New World Ape and Shovelman. The music starts at 8:30 pm; doors open at 8.
- 57th Monterey Jazz Festival Ticket Giveaways!August 18, 2014 - 2:55 pm
- Jazz Adds & Charts, Second Week of AugustAugust 16, 2014 - 11:33 am
- Reggae on the riverAugust 14, 2014 - 3:54 pm
- Programmer of the Month: Henry Bertheaud (Roux)August 14, 2014 - 6:20 am
- Rock Charts – 2nd Week of August!August 13, 2014 - 1:51 pm