From New York, Donna the Buffalo brings their energetic spin on alt-country to Moe’s Alley in Santa Cruz, CA on Sunday, Aug 4, 2013 at 8:30pm. Their first studio-produced CD in five years was released less than two months ago, and has already risen to number 8 on the national Americana Radio Chart. The band has been together for 25 years and has released 11 albums to critical acclaim, presenting a unique mix of music that includes elements from country, rock, folk, cajun/zydeco, and reggae that’s tastefully done. More than just a thumping jam band, their work is driven by the strong and thoughtful songwriting of Tara Nevins and Jeb Puryear, who both have strong roots in traditional old-time string band music.
- Regulating Our Local Music Scene with a Legend of the Bay – by DJ Jazzy JefeMay 22, 2015 - 3:19 am
- KZSC Album Reviews: Chloe by Matthew AzrieliMay 21, 2015 - 8:00 am
- KZSC Show Reviews: Mikal CroninMay 20, 2015 - 8:00 am
- May 24: Quintron and Miss PussycatMay 19, 2015 - 4:58 pm
- KZSC Album Reviews: Ceremony – The L-Shaped ManMay 19, 2015 - 8:00 am