The Hillbillies from Mars will be landing at the Felton Community Hall for the first Sunday of the month Contra Dance sponsored by the non-profit Santa Cruz Traditional Dancers on January 5, 2014 at 7:00pm. The Hillbillies are a favorite dance band from the San Francisco Bay Area that’s been together since 1982, combining elements of Celtic and American traditional fiddle music blended with some swing, Latin and African rhythms to keep your feet moving. The band includes interstellar musicians Kevin Carr (fiddle, bagpipes, accordion, banjo), Ray Bierl (fiddle, guitar), Paul Kotapish (mandolin, guitar, percussion), and Daniel Steinberg (keyboards, flute, percussion). Susan Petrick will be prompting the dances. While you can pick up the dance moves on the fly, you’re welcome to attend a newcomers orientation session at 6:40pm for a head start. The tradition of contra dancing involves frequent changes of partners and movements with everyone in the room, so you’re welcome to come alone or bring a friend.
- September 2nd, 1838, Birthday of Lili’uokalaniSeptember 1, 2015 - 7:09 pm
- Loud Rock Charts – Last Week of AugustSeptember 1, 2015 - 12:45 am
- Wed Aug 26: “Play What You Feel and Play With Aloha,”August 25, 2015 - 4:10 pm
- Programmer of the Month: David Anton SavageAugust 25, 2015 - 9:02 am
- Loud Rock Charts – Third Week of AugustAugust 24, 2015 - 5:54 pm