At a Bill Monroe bluegrass show in 1964, David Grisman met Jerry Garcia. Fast forward almost ten years and they hook up again as “Old & In The Way”, a bluegrass super group worshiped by Dead heads. David and Jerry continued to collaborate over the years,however “Dawg’s” (Grisman’s nickname, given to him by Garcia) interests ranged widely to include jazz, kleezmer and just about anything else played on the mandolin. His record label Acoustic Disc just released a new album. David Grisman’s Sextet plays it live in Santa Cruz Monday, May 5th at the Kuumbwa Jazz Center in downtown Santa Cruz. Showtimes are 7 and 9 pm.
- Concert review: Lil B at the Catalyst AtriumDecember 18, 2014 - 12:19 pm
- KZSC’s Muzikal Jewz presents… Hanukah Rocks!December 16, 2014 - 10:13 am
- Five O’clock Rock: by Art O’SullivanDecember 11, 2014 - 3:48 pm
- Review of The Birthday Massacre’s “Superstition”December 7, 2014 - 5:40 pm
- New world charts-Beginning of DecemberDecember 3, 2014 - 12:32 pm