At a Bill Monroe bluegrass show in 1964, David Grisman met Jerry Garcia. Fast forward almost ten years and they hook up again as “Old & In The Way”, a bluegrass super group worshiped by Dead heads. David and Jerry continued to collaborate over the years,however “Dawg’s” (Grisman’s nickname, given to him by Garcia) interests ranged widely to include jazz, kleezmer and just about anything else played on the mandolin. His record label Acoustic Disc just released a new album. David Grisman’s Sextet plays it live in Santa Cruz Monday, May 5th at the Kuumbwa Jazz Center in downtown Santa Cruz. Showtimes are 7 and 9 pm.
- Wed Aug 26: “Play What You Feel and Play With Aloha,”August 25, 2015 - 4:10 pm
- Programmer of the Month: David Anton SavageAugust 25, 2015 - 9:02 am
- Loud Rock Charts – Third Week of AugustAugust 24, 2015 - 5:54 pm
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume OneAugust 20, 2015 - 10:06 pm
- New World Charts- second week of AugustAugust 18, 2015 - 6:54 pm