At a Bill Monroe bluegrass show in 1964, David Grisman met Jerry Garcia. Fast forward almost ten years and they hook up again as “Old & In The Way”, a bluegrass super group worshiped by Dead heads. David and Jerry continued to collaborate over the years,however “Dawg’s” (Grisman’s nickname, given to him by Garcia) interests ranged widely to include jazz, kleezmer and just about anything else played on the mandolin. His record label Acoustic Disc just released a new album. David Grisman’s Sextet plays it live in Santa Cruz Monday, May 5th at the Kuumbwa Jazz Center in downtown Santa Cruz. Showtimes are 7 and 9 pm.
- Toni Morrison LIVE on KZSC – Oct 25th 4pmOctober 20, 2014 - 5:34 pm
- New Fall 2014 Program scheduleOctober 20, 2014 - 4:54 pm
- Simrit Kaur at the Pacific Cultural CenterOctober 17, 2014 - 9:52 pm
- Meow (Run) The Jewels!October 16, 2014 - 3:27 pm
- The Best Of Bob Marley And The Wailers New CDOctober 14, 2014 - 11:02 am