Hey sports fans, I want to talk about the Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injury. What used to be one of the most dreaded injuries that could befall a professional sports player has in recent years been viewed as considerably less serious than it used to be. Athletes are returning faster than ever from this debilitating injury. Example: Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson who, the year before last, suffered a catastrophic ACL/MCL injury but returned for an MVP season the next year. So why doesn’t the Adrian Peterson effect carry over to basketball? NBA players seem tentative at best regarding the issue of returning from injury, Kobe Bryant notwithstanding. Derrick Rose, who tore his ACL in the 2011-12 playoffs, effectively eliminated the #1 seeded Bulls from contention. Rajon Rondo has been hinting at returning early but the Celtics might opt to keep him out until he’s completely healthy. What do you think sports fans? Why aren’t basketball players rushing back onto the court like football players to the field? We’ll talk about this and of course NCAA sports when Slugtalk returns to KZSC Fridays from 5-6 pm this fall.
- Seabright Stringfest Apr 24th-26thApril 24, 2015 - 1:08 pm
- MOON BLOCK presents fourth annual Desert Daze Festival!April 21, 2015 - 2:40 pm
- New World Charts-mid AprilApril 21, 2015 - 2:23 pm
- Fri Apr 24: Jordan, Jesse, Go! Live in Santa CruzApril 21, 2015 - 5:18 am
- Programmer of the Month: Jacob Block (Brickfrog)April 21, 2015 - 1:57 am