Outstanding Ethiopian-Pop Debo Band makes an appearance in Santa Cruz tonight, Tuesday July 16, 2013 at Moe’s Alley. This large 11-member group includes musicians and dancers from Addis and Boston, plus local fiddler Kaethe Hostetter formerly of Bonny Doon. They’ve received raves for pushing the envelope of traditional Ethiopian music by incorporating funk, soul, jazz and Eastern European influences into their dance music using a varied assortment of instruments that includes sousaphone, accordion, and electric and acoustic violins. Debo’s most recent CD release was on NPR Music’s 50 Favorite Albums of 2012 and is available streamed in its entirety here. Sun Hop Fat, another group playing Ethiopian dance music opens.
- Rock Charts – Last Week of FebruaryFebruary 25, 2015 - 12:09 pm
- New World- charts for end of FebruaryFebruary 24, 2015 - 1:04 pm
- RPM Charts – End of FebruaryFebruary 24, 2015 - 11:00 am
- Hip-Hop Charts February 24, 2015February 23, 2015 - 2:55 pm
- Jazz Charts 3rd week of FebruaryFebruary 20, 2015 - 7:37 pm