An all-star string extravaganza will be led by fiddler Darol Anger at Don Quixote’s in Felton, CA on Sunday, August 19th, 2012 starting at 7pm. Darol has been pushing the envelope of modern American string music by combining elements of bluegrass, jazz, and world music traditions into his compositions. He has played with the David Grisman Quintet, The Turtle Island String Quartet, Psychograss, the Republic of Strings and other ensembles, and taught at the Berklee College of Music. He’s touring this time with the Furies, which includes Rushad Eggleston (cello), Maeve Gilchrist (harp), Sharon Gilchrist (mandolin), Emy Phelps (guitar, vocals), and Nic Gareiss (foot percussion).
- Concert review: Lil B at the Catalyst AtriumDecember 18, 2014 - 12:19 pm
- KZSC’s Muzikal Jewz presents… Hanukah Rocks!December 16, 2014 - 10:13 am
- Five O’clock Rock: by Art O’SullivanDecember 11, 2014 - 3:48 pm
- Review of The Birthday Massacre’s “Superstition”December 7, 2014 - 5:40 pm
- New world charts-Beginning of DecemberDecember 3, 2014 - 12:32 pm