Flamenco is Spanish folk music and dance from the region of Andalusia in southern Spain. With its colorful costumes, high energy and rhythmic combination of singing, playing, dancing and hand clapping, it’s an amazing experience to witness in person. The 8th annual Bay Area Flamenco Festival comes to Santa Cruz for three weekends of exciting shows featuring world-class performers including icon of Gypsy flamenco dance (and student of the legendary Pepe Rios) Concha Vargas September 22nd and the internationally renowned guitarist known as “The Godfather of Bay Area Flamenco Guitar” David Serva September 27th. All performances will take place at The Kuumbwa Jazz Center at 8 pm.
- Santa Cruz Percolators Live on Backroads, Sun May 24thMay 24, 2015 - 6:10 am
- KZSC at Shaky Knees!May 23, 2015 - 12:00 pm
- Regulating Our Local Music Scene with a Legend of the Bay – by DJ Jazzy JefeMay 22, 2015 - 3:19 am
- KZSC Album Reviews: Chloe by Matthew AzrieliMay 21, 2015 - 8:00 am
- KZSC Show Reviews: Mikal CroninMay 20, 2015 - 8:00 am