From the soggy town of Seattle comes Pasatempo, a band specializing in old-style music from the Greek underworld, known as “Rebetika” along with other music from the Balkans. They’ll be in concert at Don Quixote’s in Felton, CA on Thursday, July 19th, 2012 at 7:30pm. Led by the husband and wife team of Christos Govetas (vocals, bouzouki and baglama) and Ruth Hunter (vocals, accordion and former member of the Santa Cruz Balkan band Medna Usta) the ensemble also includes Dave Bartley (guitar), Hank Bradley (“The Poison Coyote Kid” on bouzouki), Steve Ramsay (baglama) and Bill Lanphier (double bass) for that wall of emotional sound reflecting the full gamut of sorrow and joy.
- Jazz Charts – End of JuneJune 30, 2015 - 10:27 pm
- World Charts- End of JuneJune 30, 2015 - 6:13 pm
- Hip Hop Charts June 30, 2015June 29, 2015 - 4:47 pm
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume Two: Top 10 Hip-Hop Songs of 2015 So FarJune 24, 2015 - 2:51 pm
- Rock Charts – 3rd Week of JuneJune 23, 2015 - 4:27 pm