From the soggy town of Seattle comes Pasatempo, a band specializing in old-style music from the Greek underworld, known as “Rebetika” along with other music from the Balkans. They’ll be in concert at Don Quixote’s in Felton, CA on Thursday, July 19th, 2012 at 7:30pm. Led by the husband and wife team of Christos Govetas (vocals, bouzouki and baglama) and Ruth Hunter (vocals, accordion and former member of the Santa Cruz Balkan band Medna Usta) the ensemble also includes Dave Bartley (guitar), Hank Bradley (“The Poison Coyote Kid” on bouzouki), Steve Ramsay (baglama) and Bill Lanphier (double bass) for that wall of emotional sound reflecting the full gamut of sorrow and joy.
- Now you can listen to KZSC on your scheduleApril 15, 2015 - 4:41 pm
- Upcoming Interviews: The RelationshipApril 14, 2015 - 5:58 pm
- HGMNY & Oscillate Me presents Flow-Fi Showcase @ f8April 14, 2015 - 3:28 pm
- Jazz Charts and Adds – 2nd Week of AprilApril 13, 2015 - 8:20 pm
- Here comes Record Store Day!April 10, 2015 - 10:36 pm