No wonder KZSC is one of the top college radio stations in the country with listeners like you! Thanks to everyone who has given during our Fall On-Air Fundraiser; we wouldn’t be able to do what we do from Surf City without you. But the party isn’t over yet. You can still make a difference and contribute to community radio. Surf our DONATE PAGE to pick a fine thank you gift while supporting our efforts at The Great 88.
No matter where you are, our KZSC shirt says it best. It’s a classic that’s been spotted almost everywhere. You can get one in time for the Halloween holiday by doing what other radio fans have done during our Fall Fundraiser…donating to KZSC. Go to our KZSC MERCH STORE for your “Commercial Radio Sucks” shirt.
Celebrated more than New Years Eve, Christmas and your birthday combined, Halloween is special in Santa Cruz. Here are some of your options:
- PAUL OAKENFOLD at The Catalyst. Considered by Rolling Stone magazine, CNN and other media sources as “One of the world’s leading DJs”, the Catalyst always is one of the top places to be for this holiday. Bonus: it’s downtown, where most of the weirdness happens and there’s a free Halloween party with Eliquate in the Atrium @ 7 pm.
- MONSTER BASH MASQUERADE : Another option if you’re interested in electronic music/DJs. This costume bash features OPIUO from Australia, LIBERATION MOVEMENT and tons of other DJs.
- DOWNTOWN SANTA CRUZ. Let’s face it…just being downtown at various locations is a trip. Costumes, music and crazies gather along Pacific Avenue.
No matter what your choice is for Halloween, be safe and keep your radio locked on The Great 88 for a spooky soundtrack to your night of fun.
On Saturday, October 27th the Santa Cruz Derby Girls’ Boardwalk Bombshells will close out the league’s home season with a bout against SoCal Roller Derby at the Civic Auditorium. This is the last chance to catch some action-packed roller derby this year. In proper Halloween tradition, the Girls expect attendees to come in costume. In addition to the Halloween festivities and roller derby action, a portion of the event’s proceeds will benefit the Second Harvest Food Bank. Doors open at 5:45pm and the bout begins at 6:30pm.
For more info is available on their website, SantaCruzDerbyGirls.org.
- Wed Aug 26: “Play What You Feel and Play With Aloha,”August 25, 2015 - 4:10 pm
- Programmer of the Month: David Anton SavageAugust 25, 2015 - 9:02 am
- Loud Rock Charts – Third Week of AugustAugust 24, 2015 - 5:54 pm
- Fonzie’s “Don’t Sleep on ‘Em” Recommendations Volume OneAugust 20, 2015 - 10:06 pm
- New World Charts- second week of AugustAugust 18, 2015 - 6:54 pm