September 6th I had the great pleasure to attend the War and Peace Tour at the Catalyst here in Santa Cruz, Ca. The tour had all-star underground headliners Immortal Technique and Brother Ali speaking their mind about the injustice and corruption brought forth by the military industrial complex, the prison industrial complex, and the corporate takeover of the media and U.S. government. They brought attention to the hypocrisies in our government’s current reasoning for war with the Syrian government, asked the audience to stop being programmed by the television, and as always, spoke of revolution. These messages were delivered all the while they entertained the pumped up crowd with refined beats, raps, and the essence of true Hip Hop culture. The soft-spoken delivery of Brother Ali made for the perfect balance to the always angry Immortal Technique. After the show they remained loyal to their crowd and stuck around to meet all in attendance and signed whatever anyone had to bring. The tour continues on across the nation until October 4th and I highly recommend you catch one of the dates because it is a show not worth missing.
- Concert review: Lil B at the Catalyst AtriumDecember 18, 2014 - 12:19 pm
- KZSC’s Muzikal Jewz presents… Hanukah Rocks!December 16, 2014 - 10:13 am
- Five O’clock Rock: by Art O’SullivanDecember 11, 2014 - 3:48 pm
- Review of The Birthday Massacre’s “Superstition”December 7, 2014 - 5:40 pm
- New world charts-Beginning of DecemberDecember 3, 2014 - 12:32 pm