If you’ve ever wondered who the very first voice heard on The Great 88 was in 1974, here he is. KRUZ, the early “pirate” version of broadcasting on campus, went legit in 1974 with a license to broadcast at a whopping 10 watts as KZSC. Bruce Larsen stepped up to the microphone and history was made. Hosting a wide range of programs at KZSC while getting his UC Santa Cruz degree, Bruce Larsen was bitten by the radio bug. He moved over to fledgling community radio station KUSP, where he continues to host a program called “It Takes All Kinds”. Thankfully Bruce has returned to his roots at KZSC has the Monday morning musical mix master of “It’s All Good”. Bruce has also done a great deal of custom woodworking for the station and recently served as a member of the hiring committee to replace Broadcast Advisor Michael Bryant. When asked about his musical favorites, Bruce quotes Duke Ellington who famously said, “There are only two kinds of music; music that sounds good and whatever you want to call that other stuff.” Examples of this axiom can be heard Mondays from 6-9 AM with your friend and mine, Bruce Larsen, on KZSC.
- New World Charts: End of JulyJuly 29, 2015 - 4:17 pm
- Loud Rock Charts – 4th Week of JulyJuly 28, 2015 - 9:54 pm
- Los Gatos Fiesta de Artes, Sat and Sun August 8th – 9thJuly 28, 2015 - 9:37 am
- Los Gatos Fiesta de Artes, Sat and Sun August 8th – 9thJuly 28, 2015 - 8:30 am
- Mele’uhane Wednesday July 29thJuly 22, 2015 - 10:12 pm