KZSC is ending our broadcast year a little early. With a couple weeks of work that needs doing on our transmitter tower, we waited until now to schedule the time off. Starting at 4 pm Friday, December 20th, KZSC will be turning off our 88.1 FM signal. We will still be running a mix of music nonstop on our webstream signal. The Great 88 will return to the far left of the FM dial early in the morning Thursday, January 2nd. All of us here wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to hearing from you in 2014.
Hibernation is an extended period of deep sleep, or torpor, that allows animals to survive winter extremes. KZSC is adopting this strategy as we make way for a New Year; in fact we’ve already starting gaining a few pounds…but that’s another story. Our transmitter tower site needs work, so to accommodate a crane coming in and the job list, KZSC will be “hibernating” starting Friday, December 20th at 4 pm. We will remain off the airwaves at 88.1 FM until Thursday, January 2nd but our webstream, kzsc.org, will remain running during this time. Sorry for the extended absence but we’re already dreaming up cool stuff for 2014. Please check back and hear for yourself!
- Archive available for Angela Davis broadcastJanuary 29, 2015 - 11:02 am
- Chuck Brodsky Live on “Backroads” Sun, Feb 1stJanuary 29, 2015 - 7:46 am
- Jan 28 Special: Prof. Angela DavisJanuary 26, 2015 - 1:05 pm
- Beautiful track from Kauflin’s latest albumJanuary 23, 2015 - 5:34 pm
- Charts & Adds 3rd week of JanuaryJanuary 23, 2015 - 5:20 pm